Saturday, August 16, 2014

Joseph's Birthday

Joseph is officially 37 and had the day off to do whatever he chose. Crazy dude that he is he chose a good, long run down Big Cottonwood and over into Holladay a bit. I am the best wife ever (if I do say so myself) because I volunteered to wake up at 5:30 am and drive Joseph and his running buddies all the way over there and drop them off at the top of the canyon (all while our littles slept sweetly in the their beds. Bentley was left in charge in case anyone woke up so Luke slept down on Bean's trundle bed that night. The kids did great and only woke up about 20 minutes before I got back home).

It was a glorious morning out and that early there is zero traffic so it wasn't too big of a deal. Plus, Joseph was so excited about it and considering his marathon coming up on that same route I wanted to help him get ready for his big race.

Running friends L to R: Miles, Joseph and Wilson (all of us live on the same street) and Tandy who met us at the mouth of the canyon. Tandy was in Vocal Point with Joseph at BYU and now lives in Daybreak. He and Joseph have been on a few runs together this summer training for race day.

The running crew also dropped a car at Rich's Bagels on 6200 south that morning so they could drive home in that and I didn't have to wait around for them to drive them back home.

The rest of the day we spent playing at the pool, eating out and singing to Joseph over a beautiful collage of Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcakes. We love that guy so much! It's hard to even imagine a second of life without him in it and I am so grateful he came into this world, grew up in one of the best families on the planet, and chose me to build a life and family with. He is our happiness and our rock and we love him!




 Had to throw in this silly picture of this hilarious boy. I just wanted a picture of him with his cute toddler body in his swim diaper and I ended up with about 5 pictures of silly faces and lots of crazy!




No comments: