Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Luke's Room

This vibrant, happy room has housed all my kiddos at some point. 10 years ago we painted it green for our chubby baby Bean and it was our very first painting project! These days Luke has decided he likes to climb right out of his crib and march out of his room at will so we figured it was time to upgrade him to a big boy bed. But before moving our little dude into a big bed we wanted to update the green room for him with a new color and some fresh, clean walls.


 
This guy is such a good worker. I usually do all the trim and he fills in the major parts of the walls. But see, I do help (even though I have crazy eyes in this pic):



 
 Another after shot with the outdoor light coming in
 

The trundle bed used to be Caroline's and Olivia's and is maybe a little bit girly but it'll have to work for now (white is gender neutral though right?)


The rocking chair is (still) just covered with some great upholstery fabric I had around so I could test it out on the chair and in the space. I love the green floral that's on it for real, but I love this gray chevron in this room. I guess I'll have to figure that out. And a close up of the watercolor Joseph painted of Luke's Hawaiian koi (the polka dots are from my PJs reflected in the picture :)



Luke's goals for the year hanging up on his closet

 FYI the room has been done for many weeks now and all of Luke's things are in it and he plays in it every day. But, he still sleeps in his crib in the nursery :) I just don't have the heart to really, officially move my last baby into a big boy bed. Soon, it will happen soon, I just need a little time to feel ready instead of rushed by Luke's new found crib climbing freedom! Who is this little man who is determined to grow up so dang fast anyway?! He is my first to ever even try climbing out of the crib! I would have been content to leave him in it until he was 5 (except that he's so tall he mostly fills it all the way up already :) Oh how I love my huge toddler baby!




1 comment:

Heidi said...

Looks super cute, and I mean that in the most masculine way possible. I cried when both of my olders moved out of the crib, can't imagine when I move my last