Saturday, February 8, 2014

Lounging and Luau

Calm and quiet mornings in Hawaii are the best. I love how the resort combs the sand early each day too making the beaches look so fresh and pretty.

 
Some pretty pics from morning runs on the boardwalk 
(Joseph and I took turns getting out there before it was too hot...except that one morning I came back and Bentley said "mom why did you pee your pants while you ran?" I looked down and was super sweaty in "key" places in my heathered gray workout tights! I won't be wearing those on warm days at home!)

 




On Monday and Tuesday we just hung out at pool and beach all day. Luke had his afternoon naps each day and we had free movie rentals from the hotel DVD redbox-like system so the kids chose out a movie and we all came up to our room for lunch and about 90 minutes of quiet time. I often times snuck back out to the pool and basked in the sun for a good 30 minutes without any busy babies to watch over. I wore sunblock every day I promise, but I may have soaked in some sunshine before I got around to putting in on. I was really proud of myself that I came home without a single sunburn!

 Somehow we were usually the first ones at the pool each morning. We didn't even go down until about 9 am but I guess everyone else adjusted to Hawaiian time better than we did :) I felt like sleeping until 7:00 was pretty awesome for my kids but we were still early birds at the resort—but we kind of loved it those empty pools!

The shave ice obsession was a constant part of our trip. 
I don't even really like it but it always tasted so good there!
 

 


Such a silly picture Joseph snapped! 
Love that naked bum and the baby just oblivious to it trying out his daddy's flippers

Luke was showing my parents the Pixar short "Boundin'" He is a huge fan.

On Monday night these cuties went to the Paradise Cove luau just down the beach from where we were staying. Luke and I thought about going too but it was better that we had a calm dinner, took a quick Target run, and got the babe to bed nice and early.

Lots of fun at this luau! First was posing for pictures with the darling macaws. My mom got some better pics that I still need to scan in and add to this post.

Then there were tribal tattoos (or dolphins and flowers for the girls :), rides in an outrigger, spear throwing, turtles on the beach as it's one of their favorite spots, and then the actual dinner and traditional dancing.  My littles loved it and talked about all of it for days—especially the macaws who they even remembered by name!  















2 comments:

Bobbi said...

We LOVED all the one-on-one time with your children! It was a very fun day. Great photos!

Heidi said...

Those hawaiian sunsets, gorgeous. I remember this luau, how fun