Thursday, February 6, 2014

Diamond Head and Ko'Olina

Saturday we rose bright and early again (still adjusting to the time change :) but it was perfect for a morning outing to Diamond Head which was just a short drive from our hotel. My mom was very sweet to stay in Waikiki with the 2 littles so the rest of us could make this quick but steep hike without tiny kiddos slowing us down. Another gorgeous morning in paradise:
  
 At the bottom of the crater. We hiked to the tip top of the mountain behind us.

 Such stunning views all around as we ventured up


  
Washed out view of Waikiki behind these boys but I loved this cute picture of them and Bentley's overdone smile :)

 This is an awful pic but it was kind of fun that the trail went through a tunnel...I'm sure my mom hated that part and was all too happy to skip it to play with the blondies on the quiet beach in the morning:

Back at the hotel Luke napped and I took the kids to the pool. It was delightful to have my 3 great swimmers with me so they could show me all their tricks and I could watch over them while sitting happily in the lawn chair :) We did lunch poolside when Luke woke up and then I actually did join all the kiddos in the water and let them dunk me and dunk me over and over which they thought was the most hilarious thing they'd ever done. I think I won some serious fun points for those 20 minutes in the pool!

In the late afternoon, we were off to Ko'Olina—about a 30 minute drive from downtown. Joseph and I have been here a couple of times so it felt very familiar to us, but our Beans and Cares were last here with us 6 years ago and we had to roam the grounds and explore the lagoons a bit to show off what a beautiful place we had for the next week.

 
 




 The hibiscus flowers get me every time in Hawaii. Such a stark contrast to the dull of winter at home but such a huge and colorful flower. Loved how these matched my girlies swimsuits!

 Moments like these are a huge reason why this trip was so wonderful. I loved seeing my kids wrapped up with my parents throughout each day. That one on one time is such a treat for my babes (and I suspect for my mom and dad too :)

 Hammock adventures after their afternoon swim. These four have our hearts like nothing else.


 And the first of many Ko'Olina sunsets as we ate dinner in my parents' room.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

does it already seem so long ago? what an amazing trip.

Bobbi said...

The littles and I had a great time on quiet, early morning Waikiki, including Asian tourists taking photos of us, a man offering Luke a turn on his boogie board (really? he's 2?), feeding birds, and burying my legs in the sand. The are darlings! And wonderful Ko'Olina, I love its quiet, family vibe and the serene beauty here.

Heidi said...

so many cool adventures!