Saturday, May 25, 2013

Celebrating Beans


Such a fun day for our Bentley boy! We started early with breakfast in bed (in my big bed of course because my Beanie does not like to sleep in, especially on his birthday when he's filled with excitement!) He was the first one up and he entertained Luke while we got breakfast ready for him. He was thrilled about his Lego presents and even a little about his new clothes (boys don't like getting clothes but he needed some new summer shorts...and I like buying him clothes :)
All my beauties gathered up on my bed

Bentley had school but the littles and I checked him out at lunch and took him to Pei Wei with Joseph. After school he had his friend Mitchell over to play (who brought him a new Lego set as a present! Nicest boy) and then we went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Wow, so much yummy food that day. Could have been my birthday--I love all those spots too!

In the evening we had a fun visit from Horsley cousins and then it ended up pretty low key as Joseph was suddenly feeling really sick with a horrible sore throat and off and on fever. He went to bed right after dinner and was asleep the rest of the night. This actually continued for 3 days before we called my dad and got some antibiotics going. Those pills are miracle workers! We're pretty sure Joseph had strep with the bad throat pain but it was so random since none of us had been sick. Driving to SG 2 days after Beans' b-day was stressing me out as my hubby hardly ate anything or spoke at all because he was feeling so awful. So grateful for penicillin, I truly am. Joseph got started on it right after we arrived in St George and rebounded quickly—hooray! Got us all set for our Caresie's birthday and long Memorial Day weekend in Sunny G.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

birthdays (to me) are all about yummy food! Beans day sounds delish

sad about Joe but glad he got better quickly