Friday, May 24, 2013

To My 7 Year Old Girl

Sweetest, sweet Caroline,

Happy 7th Birthday beautiful girl! You are growing up way too fast for me but I sure love to see how you are blooming into such a smart, helpful, funny, talented girl. You make our home such a happy place Cares. You are always willing to play with, watch over, and entertain our baby Luke which saves me so often in the busy early, evenings. You are Olivia's best friend and her favorite playmate and I love how the two of you love to go to bed together every night and share your new room so happily. Oh, and you're still Beans' #1 pal and I know he loves going to and from school with you each day—he's proud to be your brother and to have such an awesome sis.

I love your happy smile, your thick, beautiful hair, your love for ballet and dancing and performing, your darling little freckles, your zest for life, and your sincere care and adoration for others. You say thank you to me for lots of simple things throughout the day like doing your hair before school or packing you a yummy treat in your lunch. It makes my day every time and helps me feel like I'm doing a good job as your mommy. I also love that you are obedient and always wanting to do what's right. Thank you for making good choices and showing Livs and Luke just how to behave as they grow.

This year has been awesome, right? I remember well your very first ballet recital (you were spectacular!) how you learned to ride your bike without training wheels, your true love for all things American Girl, and your excitement over things like painting your new room and heading to St George for long weekends (including your birthday weekend!)

I feel so blessed that you joined our family pretty girl! All of us adore you and have our special friendships with you—we are the luckiest. I love you forever Caroline and hope you know how happy you have made my life for the past 7 years.

All my love,
Mommy


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That adorable, sweet girl is such a blessing for our family as well and I am so glad that she and Maddie LOVE to be together.

Heidi said...

Sounds like she has such a special relationship with each of her siblings- I know I could not have said the same when I was her age.

Bobbi said...

Caroline is a treasure. She is much like her mother was at that age, in all those traits that you listed. Grandpa and I both adore her, our sweet, happy, enthusiastic, and "inspectable" Caroline!