Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Back to Gunlock

We are loving this beautiful new place to explore. Yes, we adore Snow Canyon but it's good to mix things up. Now that 3 of my 4 kiddos are pretty good at hiking and climbing and exploring on their own, it's easier to try new places and create adventures.

This time we parked on the road just before the entrance to the lake and hiked up the rocks toward the dam. When the water is high and spring run-off at its height the whole area we hiked would be covered in waterfalls. We are anxious to see that sometime—it's supposed to be beautiful! But it was still gorgeous all around us as we hiked.
 
 

Luke is one heavy babe but at least he's super content in the hiking backpack watching the world from his high vantage point. We packed up our lunch and brought it with us to eat on the pretty red rocks. Once the babe was out of the backpack there was no stopping him! He wanted to eat and touch and walk/climb/crawl over everything he could get to. Love my busy boy :)
While I watched over the roaming baby, Joseph took the kids to explore and they discovered some crazy spots! I would have had a heart attack if I had seen these 3 like this:

More of the hubby's shots from the day:
 See? Stunning place to be

The next day we decided to just swim some and play in and around the house before packing up and leaving at dinner time. I'm glad we had that extra day to just hang out before needing to be home. Memorable moments from the trip include discovering SWIG (world's best sugar cookies—hands down!), a pedicure outing with my pal Heather, Luke's first Easter egg hunt and our first one with cousin Mason, and beautiful, balmy weather for lots of outdoor play time!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take me there next time we are there together! It is so pretty!

Bobbi said...

I'm glad we have discovered this new adventure place since we have pretty much covered all the Snow Canyon hikes! Your little ones are exceptional hikers. Beautiful shots!

Heidi said...

Looks like another gorgeous hiking spot in SG. I have a few friends in MN from SG and one time on e's mom shipped her out some swig cookies- it was the first time I had heard of them. Can't wait until my next SG trip