Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sunny G Birthday

Breakfast in bed for our 4 year old lady:

 
 
The rest of us enjoyed the remaining birthday breakfast (Tahitian Pancakes) up in the kitchen. 
Joseph is officially the new crepe master in our family.

It was a crazy fun morning of opening and playing with fun gifts from us and Grandma & Grandpa, and of course, swimming up at the pool. Then we set off for Snow Canyon and the Butterfly Trail per Olivia's request.
 
 
 These olders and Joseph and my parents set off to climb the big red rock at the end of the trail. Luke and I stayed at the bottom so he could roam and move after riding in the backpack. The baby had such a grand adventure! He was so cute and curious that I just kept taking pics of him as he crawled and dug and played. The next pictures are my ode to Luke. He is too adorable for me:

Later in the day we got Luke settled for a nap and my mom, dad and I geared up for one last bike ride. We had made it about a mile when the beat up Sunbrook roads sent my mom for quite a crash. Luckily we weren't going very fast but she took a big spill and even cracked her helmet. Joseph came and picked her up (and her bike) but it seemed silly for my dad and me to keep riding when we only had an hour window before needing to pack up, clean up and ready the house for leaving. Plus we felt like we needed to check on my mom and see if we could help her. My mom was pretty banged up but healed up quickly over the next week or so. I'm so glad it was nothing more serious.

Our weekend was one of our favorites down there (but I swear we say that every trip!) Playing in SG in February makes me so eager to get back there for Easter when spring is in full force. In just a few more weeks we'll be back!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Luke is such a silly busy man.

I wish I was going to be there with you guys for Easter!