Saturday, September 8, 2012

Moose, Tram, & Family Bike Ride

We really packed it in during our quick stay. On Sunday we headed over to Moose, back in Teton National Park, to check out the visitor's center and more lovely views of the Tetons.

Olivia's saddest face because the kids posed on the moose while she was being grumpy...and then she wanted to pose too but only after they had all gone inside the visitor's center. Oh Livs...
 
The morning was gorgeous and chilly and we watched a solid cloud cover burn off the peaks as we entered the park. We actually woke up in a foggy, cold, cloud ourselves which felt so very fallish, but we were happy to see it clear up as we had big plans to ride the tram that day so we could check out the view from 10,000 feet.


The view delivered! We thought we might bring a little lunch with us and eat up at the top...this did not happen because it was very windy at the summit and sooo cold for an early September day--it was only 50 degrees up there! Crazy. And I am just a tiny bit afraid of heights, especially when I have little ones to be ever watchful over (of course my kids had no fears and were climbing and exploring all over.) It was really beautiful up there and we could see for miles and miles.
 

We opted for lunch on the grass at the bottom of the lift—much warmer down there. Bentley loved racing underneath the tram whenever it pulled into or out of the loading area. See him leaping over the stream to beat it in the picture below?
Oh, I love my little boy (who is not very little anymore.)

To end the day we gathered up all our kiddos (and my dad) and went for a lovely family bike ride on the winding, easy bike path right by our place. We ended up going just over 9 miles and never once did either bike riding kid complain about being too tired from the ride (Livs was in a chariot and had the most issues of anyone—until she fell fast asleep from the lulling ride. 
Such a hard life for that one...) 
Funny pics of my mom and me in twinner hiking pants and pink hoodies.
Yes, we shop together often and have similar (fantastic) taste :)
 


3 comments:

Heidi said...

I should have brought my pink North Face jacket too, i seriously thought about packing it.

Love the LeBaron family photo at the top of the mountain.

Anonymous said...

Oh that Livs.

I have the same pink jacket too! We all have fantastic taste.

Great family photo on the top of the mountain.

Now I am reading Heidi's comments and I should have just copied hers. Too funny.

Bobbi said...

Ditto the girls. I love being twins (quads?) with my girls! The pictures of the family and the kids turned out well. I remember posing up there with our children. What a blessing to return and be with many of you up there again.