Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Alpine Slides

I guess I should hurry up and get this last Jackson post up already! On Labor Day we enjoyed a beautiful morning on the mountain before heading home.

Silver King Alpine Slides:
 

 

 
I missed my baby boy so much that I was filled with happy anticipation as we drove home. My kids were such amazing travelers. We even had a great time playing a silly alphabet game all together ("My name is Allison and I come from Alabama and I bring a car load of apples...") My big kids ate this up, did really well thinking of things that began with their assigned letter (sometimes we gave them hints to help them think of a place...) and they always thought Joseph's turns were hilarious. Livs was so cute during the game too. She always chose for her name to be Olivia or Isabel, she was always from London, and she would bring jewels or sparkles with her each turn. It was pretty adorable and fun to have her playing along. When did my kids get so big?

We found our baby happily situated with Nanny and Grandpa (thank-you, thank-you for watching over our tiny boy!) Luke did stare at me curiously for a good 5 minutes but warmed up quickly with all the attention of his whole family back to play with him. It was a wonderful weekend in a gorgeous place and my parents made all of it possible--thank you so much mom and dad for taking us! We are so very grateful for your generosity in every way.


3 comments:

Heidi said...

Mom and Bean were a perfect match on the slides, literally.

I look barefoot in that family photo, funny

Bobbi said...

Wasn't it a fun time together in those beautiful mountains?! We loved being with you all.

Anonymous said...

What a funny story about Livs and the alphabet game!