Thursday, September 6, 2012

Jenny Lake

Good morning Grand Teton!
  
On the Jenny Lake boat dock

Such a beloved spot for me! I remember hiking around sections of Jenny Lake as a youth and one year, my mom and I hiked around the whole thing—a solid 7 mile hike but it was so pretty with the water ever in our view. One day I will do the same with my little ones, but this time, with so many toddler legs, we opted for the boat ride across to the Hidden Falls trail head and a short 1/2 mile hike up to the falls. Olivia only had one meltdown on the way up so we consider her ascent a big success!
 
 Hair happily out of my lady's face
 Our big crew setting off to the falls
 Fall is beginning to make her appearance in the Tetons 
(plus I love the funny shape Heidi and Sadie are making in the background :)
 My parents with half of their grandkids

 Sweet Sadie
 Hidden Falls: we made it!
 
 Livs earned a free-ride on the way back



Classic Smith family throwback: Jenny Lake hike (past Hidden Falls at Observation Point) and water-skiing on the glacial waters of Jackson Lake  (1992)







4 comments:

Krista said...

What a fun trip!! Love all the hikes and beautiful areas you were in. I haven't been to Jenny Lake. You are inspiring me to go now.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that picture from the past. How I adored that shirt...

Beautiful! So great to experience this with your kiddos.

Heidi said...

what in the world I don't even remember doing that with Sadie- am i throwing her in the air? too funny.

Jenny lake also reminds me of my youth, beautiful hike and great company and fun toddler hiking meltdowns ;-)

Bobbi said...

Yes, Jenny Lake brings back lots of memories of years ago with our younger family. Love that you posted those vintage pics--hilarious! And what is Heidi doing with Sadie? Putting her into the backpack maybe? Great shots!