Friday, July 20, 2012

Girls Camp 2012

Spent 2 full days with my beautiful, energetic, crazy young women at camp. It was a blast. Honestly. Sleeping on a slant on the hard ground was not the most fun part, but camping is camping and everything else seemed to run so smoothly. Girls camp can easily be fueled with lots of teenage drama but this year just felt so calm, so at ease, and I think that helped the girls feel more connected and happy with each other. Love these gals (leaders included!)
We spent our time setting up camp, snacking on tons of treats, crafting, attending stake devotionals and flag ceremonies, helping make finger puppets for a service project, sitting around our campfire, hiking to the lake, and laughing and talking a ton (often about Jef and Sean on The Bachelorette and then many "real life" boys too--classic girls camp :)

Should this be my new profile picture or what? 
This boy wig is an epic ward relic--pretty sure it has been to girl's camp for skit night for at least the last 6 years

I was sad to miss the last day full of archery, zip-lining, and more crafting, but most of all the ward testimony meeting. I love my young women so much and to share in their beautiful and powerful testimonies is certainly a highlight of my calling. Here's to hoping I'll be back at camp yet again next year!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

that wig is nasty! you are scaring me in it Care

such awesome memories for you, speaking as a young woman that has always looked up to you, those girls are the luckiest to have you!

Krista said...

ha! so funny that wig. Looks like fun. You are such a fun leader. I'll bet the girls love to be with you...now who will win bachlorette? The big ?

Anonymous said...

Heid's comment is so cute and so true! Those girls are lucky to have you. I look up to you and you are younger than me!!!

Flori said...

ugly wigs are the BEST!!! I love the picture too. It is so beautiful where you camped--glad you had fun!

Flori said...

ugly wigs are the BEST!!! I love the picture too. It is so beautiful where you camped--glad you had fun!

Bobbi said...

I am glad for you getting to go to YW Camp, it really is the best. I am glad for those girls to have you to look up to, also! Love the classic traditional prop, but you do look nasty in it!