Sunday, July 1, 2012

Boardwalk & Last Day

Saturday, our last day of vacation! We spent the mid-morning at the Santa Cruz Beach and Boardwalk for some family picture time. Krista was kind enough (patient enough!) to take some shots of our family and Joseph returned the favor by grabbing some of her family too.
Even though we have eyes closed and/or random faces (or even me forgetting to take sunglasses off!) I love how the pictures turned out. Maybe I just really love my little family and capturing us just as we are now. Some of these may have to resurface in a Christmas card down the road...


Mind you these are only edited by me and my very limited photoshop knowledge. My hubby may be able to do some real magic with them if we decide to get some printed up (Luke told me he does feel left out of our big canvas print in our entryway...)
 
More fun shots from our morning:


 
Everyone spent the latter part of the day back at our favorite beach, Twin Lakes, while my littles and I made a visit to Trader Joe's (Livs was truly done with beach time by then).  Then it was home for dinner, bedtime and lots of packing up. It was a fabulous week with beloved family in a beautiful place.

Had to include this darling picture of our cute California cousins 
(and Johnny and Krista who we just really love to hang out with)
And since we have been home I still feel like life is moving so fast! I need a vacation from my vacation AND the post-vacation week that followed—but here I am planning more vacation time starting tomorrow! Too fun to pass up all that's going on though. This is why we have summer after all (and better yet, a summer where I am NOT pregnant. I know I write that all the time but it is just such a lovey change from last year and I am so very grateful to feel GOOD!)


1 comment:

Heidi said...

cute cute fam! I love the colors you guys are in. I am imagining if my family did a photo shoot by the ocean, I would be poof of frizzy hair!