Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Red Butte Gardens

Our day in pictures:




Smelling the heavenly lavender


Notice how the sun vanished behind some clouds?
Right after the cloud cover arrived we found ourselves in a downpour.
So we hid in this lovely, dry, willow tree "fort" complete with wooden chairs:


Much better shot of my Caresie than the one above.

We loved staying totally dry as the rain fell.
We were the only ones around and felt like we were in our own secret garden.

The sun returned a few minutes later

and Bentley took a turn with the camera.

Our last stop was in the thriving wildflower garden.


All 4 of us snuggled on this swing and just rocked for a bit. The air was perfect, my kids still and calm and the view stunning. I think it was my favorite part of the day and the girlies didn't want to leave the lovely swing.

Little flower girl
(who left a ponytail in her hair the whole morning! I was so proud of her :)




4 comments:

Krista said...

Oh beautiful! I love that you hid in a tree too so the rain didn't get you. Love the lizards. I've never seen that and the last shot of live is so cute. Totally could frame that.

Bobbi said...

What a fun thing to go do. Hooray for Olivia keeping the ponytail in her hair!

Heidi said...

I am dying over that tiny pony!

Looks so beautiful up there!

Anonymous said...

I love that Livs kept her hair up for an entire outing! Looks so sweet on her.

Now I need to take my kids up there and reminisce about our wedding reception 16 years ago!