Saturday, March 14, 2015

March is Here

 Had my parents for dinner on their way home from SG the first Sunday of the month.

 We had a spectacular snowfall and I had to shovel the driveway (probably only the 4th or 5th time this year...) These little ones were in heaven playing in it and made me shovel each scoop right on to them so they could be buried in it!

 Parent teacher conferences for all my elementary kids. They are the best students! I am always so proud of them and grateful that they work hard, behave for their teachers and are kind to the other children.

 Sweet sleeping boy. I love how small he looks when he sleeps. Just when I think he has outgrown naps and we skip a day or two, he promptly falls asleep when he finds some downtime. He currently still takes at least 5 or 6 a week and tells me when he's tired so he can have a great rest :)

 Amazing morning sunrise just a few days after daylight savings

 Quick over-nighter with a group of ward friends. Joseph had been in Florida for work for the 3 days prior so it ended up being perfect timing to run away and play when he got back. We stayed in a posh house downtown (just a 1/2 mile away from Temple Square) and stayed up until 4:00 am talking (!!!) but then all slept in until 10:00! Once we were up and going a few of us walked up past the capital building and up City Creek a ways. My Herriman friends always wonder how I know about all these spots in SLC but I remind them I grew up here and hiked/roamed/hung out in these mountains all the time with my HS friends!

Such a stellar group of girls! There were a few more who hung out with us the night before but didn't stay over so we didn't get them in this picture. I can hardly explain how nourishing it is for my soul to know these women and spend quality time with them. They are so fun! And full of life and knowledge, and are trying and working so hard at being good wives and moms and neighbors. I love my little pocket of the world and that it's led me to so many wonderful friendships. There are several other ladies in my ward I'd add to my list of dear friends and I am so lucky to have all these beautiful people in my life.



No comments: