Sunday, March 29, 2015

Celebrating 36

My birthday was really fun this year -- maybe because it fell on a Saturday and that left our family all sorts of time to play together and relax and enjoy the day without sending Joseph off to work. Earlier in the week my mom took me birthday shopping at Nordstrom and it was very successful!


After a yummy breakfast our family headed out to look at Garmin watches and HRMs --first stop REI at South Towne where I noticed this marker at the doorway. The lighting in my picture is bad but that store was officially marked on March 28th, 2003! Kind of a fun thing to find right on my birthday.


In the afternoon Joseph and I road to Lehi bakery for our favorite donuts and back (a perfect 26 miles round trip). It was the loveliest spring day --we have been so spoiled this year with the best biking weather.


Cares and I got to spend the evening together with Cec and Maddie to celebrate my birthday and then attend the general women's meeting that evening.

 Dinner at Cheesecake Factory

 Love these cute little cousin besties

 Gorgeous spring blossoms all over the place on my birthday this year -- they're a little early since we've had such a balmy winter but I can't complain.

Amazing cheesecake with this incredible girl made for a very good date!
36 years and I still feel like I should be 25 (except the wrinkles and gray hairs are betraying me ;) I'm very blessed with a happy marriage, a strong, healthy body, a fun, busy family life, lots of love from friends and family and a beautiful, comfortable home. Life is good.





1 comment:

Heidi said...

That sounds like a perfectly Carrie birthday celebration!