Thursday, December 5, 2013

December Advent



This month is so much fun with my littles. I am pretty sure I was in heaven during December as a kid, getting so excited for Christmas. But it is a hundred times better as a mom! I love planning fun things to do as a family and feeling the excitement from 4 sweet babies, knowing I can play wish granter—too much joy for my heart.

I documented our advent pretty well on Instagram so just a recap for next year:

1: Countdown paper chains
2: Window gels
3: Missionary package for an elder needing some love from afar
4: Ward Christmas Party
5: Christmas lights scavenger hunt
6: Late night with Tiago and Isabel (foiled by a very sick Livs)
7: Choose out a tree with Smith cousins and grandparents
8: Watch Polar Express
9: Make foam ornaments
10: Homemade glitter play-doh
11: Christmas word search
12: Nutcracker (girls)
13: Make rice babies while boys see Hobbit
14: Elves at Gardner Village
15: Lights at Riverwoods
16: Make snowflakes
17: See Santa at Traverse Mountain shops
18: Paper strip Christmas trees
19: Snow play and cocoa (luckily we got dumped on that day with 11new inches!)
20: Watch Home Alone
21: LUKE!! See Frozen (again :) and go to dinner
22: Smith party at Em and Pam's
23: Sibling gifts and cousin playdate
24: Open yearbooks from Joseph and me AND Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa's

Christmas PJ's. 
I take this pic early on the month on a happy, laid-back night just to make sure I can get a good one of happy babes. Love these darlings with all my heart.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Those kids are super cute, and it's fun hearing about your advent activities- glad we could be part of a few this year