Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Monterey Bay Aquarium

 
Have you met my Bentley? 
A huge draw to northern California was this exact spot.
Luckily, our family vacationing with us was eager to explore it too.
4 hours was barely enough to see most of the exhibits 
(but long enough for my kiddos little legs...and temperaments)


Highlights:
The Kelp Forest:
The Touch Pools:
The Open Sea Exhibit:
I can't accurately describe how amazing this huge tank was. It was filled with sharks, sea turtles, and tuna all moving so beautifully in the water.
Mesmerizing jelly fish:
Lunch on the deck overlooking Monterey Bay:
Fun seahorse exhibit:
and just a few more cool pics
 
Such a wonderful place! And after our morning visit we still had a good part of the day left for beach play back in Santa Cruz. Have I mentioned that I love California?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. We need to make it there.

Gorgeous pics but the best is the one with Livs screaming at Joe. Wouldn't be an adventure without Livs getting worked up. Hard to have so much fun and travel and little sleep piled into one week.

Heidi said...

I also liked the one of Livs having meltdown...

Lue is always so stoic, I am needing to mush him.

Looks like such a great aquarium!!

Krista said...

It is so fun to look back at your pics and also jess' too. What a fun week. we are having cousin withdrawl here.