Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Father's Day 2014

 For Father's Day this year I worked on a project I have had in mind for years now. It was compiling our own pictures to go along with the church's Family Proclamation. Cec did this for Chad a while back and I loved how hers turned out so I borrowed it and recreated it on Shutterfly. It's a pretty addition to our stack of scrapbooks (family history!) and I hope my kids will use it on Sundays and to help them learn about and study that inspired proclamation. 

  a few pages from the book

We were lucky to spend the evening with my parents and celebrate Grandpa Sherm—a dad and grandpa we totally adore.

We love all the great dads in our lives, and feel especially thankful that Joseph is such a loving, serving, adventurous, playful, and involved father. My kids are so connected to him and have great relationships with him because of it. Luke is in his "mommy only" stage right now but Joseph is nearly an adequate substitute when I am not around :) Good, solid, hardworking and moral men are not easy to find these days and I feel so blessed knowing my little family and I are regularly surrounded by them.




1 comment:

Heidi said...

Such a cute book, I want to make one someday too