Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pieces of March

Much of my everyday is captured on Instagram which makes me so sluggish about blogging. But whenever I read back and see what a great document/journal/scrapbook this blog is I just can't help but want to update my posts and have another record here. Plus, I hope to be more thorough and thoughtful on here which is not ideal for Insta.

So, March came along and in the whirlwind of life it is almost over! I love this month because 1) yes, it's my birthday month and I do think I'm allowed to relish in that a bit :) and 2) SPRING! It comes in glimpses with gorgeous days here and there but the snow is off the ground for good (it will still snow of course but won't pile up for weeks on end anymore), the sun is out and so much warmer, and the days are longer again (part of my love/hate relationship with daylight savings).
 
 At the beginning of the month we had Tillie's baptism. 
Another cousin in the busy line-up of 8 year olds in the LeBaron family. Such a sweet meeting and a special day with people we love. The dress Tillie wore for her baptism was the one Mary wore when she was baptized too. Mary has volunteered it up to all those cousins getting baptized this year so Caroline is definitely on board and getting so excited for her turn in a few months.

 One of our favorite date nights ever—the Sacred Gifts Exhibit at the BYU MoA (dinner beforehand at Los Hermanos and Swig cookies after :) The paintings in the exhibit are all stunning and depict scenes from the life of Christ. It was so tender to read about the specific lighting and angles and colors used to highlight things like reverence, humility, sacrifice and so on. Such amazing craftsmanship and of course pictures of a man and life that I adore and revere.

Young Womens was/is as busy as ever with New Beginnings early in the month and lots of changes in our leadership. Since December I have had to replace all 3 of my advisors, all for various reasons, call a new camp director as my one from last year is pregnant and due right around camp, and my 1st counselor was called to do something else the bishopric really wanted her for (9 year old scouts...very random...) and so I have a new counselor as of a few weeks ago too. That's a lot of change all crammed up together! I am hoping they all just jump in and keep things rolling because there's always tons to do. We had presidency meeting at Iceberg the other night after our Stake Camp Kick-off devotional. It was the perfect way to get to know each other and laugh and talk over shakes and fries. 


 Lots of running going on around here. On Saturdays it's been nice to just run a straight distance from my house and then have Joseph come pick me up after 5 miles or so. We live in the foothills so there are no routes around me that don't involve uphill running when I turn around to come home. I know, boo hoo for me, but I'm seriously trying to up my endurance and strength and speed since I'm still such a beginner and leaving uphill climbs out is sometimes best. I ran a 10K last week just on my own along the Jordan River Trail off 1300 west and it was very flat and hence a great spot. It was very slow too but 6.2 miles is a personal best for me. And my Bean is such a little runner! He keeps a better pace than me for a run of the mill 5K. Good genes in that boy (from Joseph and Grandpa Sherm!)

 Park day the other week. Love how the slide makes Luke's hair get crazy static!

 Sunday evening walk a few weeks back. We visited one of my YW and then wandered past about a million brand new homes being built right by us (I may exaggerate a bit...) It's a building frenzy out here! We have at least 2 or 3 new families at church every single Sunday and we're growing to be a pretty huge ward.

 Marshmallow roasting and s'mores night at our next door neighbors' house with lots of friends in our neighborhood. We are so happy to have the Clements in the house next door when the 2 owners before were less than ideal (drunken nights out at the firepit at 2:00 am and snowmobiles revving engines in the wee hours or very late at night). Love it that a great, young family moved in with triplets all Olivia's age—perfect!

Disney day at school! Joseph made that Flynn Rider vest for Bentley out of an old uniform golf shirt some fancy stitching to create the lines, and hot glue-gunned buttons. I think it turned out so cute! 

 General Women's Meeting on Saturday March, 29th. It was a historic night as it was the first time ALL women were invited to attend (ages 8 and up). My Cares was super eager at 7 10/12 so I was all too happy to take her. Such a beautiful meeting so full of love and encouragement and a focus on making and keeping eternal covenants on this journey of life. There were some lovely videos shown too of women all over the world, of all ages singing different verses of I Am a Child of God. So powerful to me to belong to such an amazing sisterhood in the Gospel. And to think about my little daughters sharing that sweet bond with me was very tender and endearing. Wow, I have so much responsibility to teach and guide and help and love them as they grow into women and I definitely feel the weight and importance of that wonderful task as their mother.



2 comments:

Heidi said...

Yay for new (awesome) neighbors!

Bobbi said...

I loved being at that women's meeting with 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters. What a blessing! And I love all these pics of your life and your family. Keep blogging.