Thursday, January 16, 2014

Ringing in the New Year

Low key New Year's Eve for us again this year but we broke out 2 huge bins of games and played tons of them with our kids until about 9:00 pm. They were loving all of it and it was fun for us to see how they are getting old enough for things like Catchphrase and A to Z. Livs is still pretty little but she's such a giggler and loves join in—she made us laugh a lot that night. Good times as a family!


Earlier in the week Tye and Stace were still in town for Christmas break so we convinced them to come out to Herriman for sledding and Cafe Rio. It was Luke's first time sledding and he was game but after 3 or 4 runs he didn't like it anymore. Such a tough, funny guy though :)


 
 

As far as goals go this year I am feeling very overwhelmed and pulled in a hundred directions with my busy, beautiful family and demanding church callings for me and my hubby. I am opting for the more subtle approach of appreciating good things in every, single day and trying to plan ahead just a little at a time for things like date nights and temple visits and good, long bike rides, but I don't want to beat myself up for not getting to everything I set my sights on. I read an article about resolutions in December that opted for 30 questions to ask yourself rather than feeling the need to make a list of goals. I really like the list and found a few that truly spoke to me. I like looking back on these and reminding myself to focus on the things that bring me peace and joy (#26, #28 and #29):



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this 30 questions idea...i need to look through those.