Friday, September 27, 2013

Family Playtime


We ditched out on school and work last Friday to spend time together as a family. At first I was thinking we might run off to St George, but Joseph convinced me to stay much closer for the cooler temps and fall colors of the cabin. We packed up Friday morning, stopped by my parents' empty house (they're playing in Europe) to gather produce from my mom's fertile garden, and then stopped at Blue Plate diner over in Sugarhouse for brunch. Yummiest breakfast food there!

Then it was up the canyon to PC and the lovely cabin. My kids love it up there so much and spent the afternoon entertaining themselves in the bunk room. Joseph and I alternated riding bikes, then we popped over to dinner at Cafe Rio and the fun playground on the Swaner Preserve. It was such a perfect fall evening, but once the sun set it got pretty cold and we headed back to the cabin for hot-tubbing and s'more making (once Luke was in bed of course—he is an adorable ball of crazy and we didn't want him in either of those situations :)

 

Saturday morning we made a big breakfast, packed up lunch and headed into Park City for the Alpine Slides.


Bentley rode on the track next to me and I grabbed a few shots of him cruising down but he was fast!

Oh this picture makes me so happy. My slide buddy had the time of his life as we rode together and his soft fluff blowing in my face just made our adventure too fun! Love, love, love my baby bear!


In the late afternoon we roamed the property high above the cabin to find some vivid leaves and get wiggles out before heading back to the valley:
Our Sunday was packed with meetings, lessons to teach, and a final trek fireside so we came back to the valley for dinner. We'd planned a LeBaron family dinner at Mary and Seth's that evening too—our first without Ruth Ann and Neil :( but we are determined to make sure they still happen at least once a month.

Love my little family with all my heart.


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Beautiful fall colors. Looks like fun family time