Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wedding Weekend

Such a busy weekend last week with Bob & Mary's wedding. We started it off perfectly by attending Mary's endowment on Thursday night at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. I love being in the temple with beloved family and loved the night in general. There is a new movie they play and it is really beautiful (and interesting to recognize a few faces. Now does that make anyone want to go? :) Plus anytime I am at the temple with this guy it's a good thing:
 

Then on Friday night Bob and Mary opted for a sibling dinner rather than an official wedding dinner because they both come from huge families and wanted all of us to have the chance to get to know each other a bit. The dinner was at my mom and dad's house and it was a lovely night. My parents have known Bob since he was about 10 years old and of course once I married Joseph he has been close with our family (I think he's been to LP with us at least 4 times as an extra Smith brother). The weather has been so off and on with rain that we were unsure if it would hold out—but it did while we ate and then picked up just as we finished so we cleaned up and moved onto the deck for the rest of the night. My poor hubby was not well. There had been a bad bug going through my kids (Cares and Livs had barfed earlier in the week) and I guess my hubby picked it up from them (I must have a pretty fierce immune system...thank goodness). He slept through much of the evening but rallied for about an hour there at the end.
 
 

I'm so glad we had this dinner to get to know Mary's awesome family, hear funny stories about the bride and groom from so many family members, and to hear from Bob and Mary too. They will be so happy together—they just fit and have all the right goals and values in common. I love them together so much! Bob is happier than he's ever been and it's easy to see it in his countenance.


 
Two ladies I love and admire so much. 
Plus they are pretty amazing moms to have raised Joseph and me ;)  
          



2 comments:

Bobbi said...

I am so happy for cute, wonderful Bob, too! We loved getting to see all the LeBaron siblings and getting to know Mary a little bit on Friday night (and Uncle John and Abigail, too, our fellow helpers). We will miss dear RuthAnn and Neil. What perfect and terrible timing for a wedding all at once!

Anonymous said...

I am sure that was quite a gathering at Mom's! So fun.