Monday, June 24, 2013

Luke at 18 Months

I finished up Luke's baby book all about his first year a few months ago and I was so, so grateful for all the posts I had written about my baby boy as each month would pass. I was pretty good at capturing that info for my Olivia too but my older two...dang. I needed a blog 9 years ago with my tiny Bentley!

Luke doesn't change nearly as much as he did last year but the babe sure is fun and still the star of our family. At 18 months he is a little like a loose cannon and we never know what he will be discovering or destroying or getting in to. We just have to keep a close eye on him :)


He's an excellent sleeper at night (thank goodness) and still readily takes 2 naps a day. I keep thinking we'll get down to one afternoon nap but he pounds that morning nap from about 9-11 each morning and it's a nice time to pick up after a busy morning, get ready for the day, and entertain my other kiddos too. Plus, with summer adventures, we can then pop up to the pool and stay until 2 or so before Luke needs another nap. I wonder if our active, outdoor, summer fun is helping the babe still sleep so much (I feel like napping after our busy days too!)

Luke jabbers and jabbers all the time with inflections and great sounds but he doesn't say many real words yet. I know he understands a ton of what we say though and he can shake his head yes and no if I show him something to see if he wants it. He still rocks the sweetest "hi" I've ever heard and is no doubt very vocal—we're just excited for words!

love these cute brothers who look nothing alike!

The babe loves: popsicles, baths, the pool and water of any kind, slides, climbing, his binkie and gray blankie, singing and hearing songs, the girls' Polly Pockets and Little People, Baby Einsteins and Max and Ruby, drinking through straws or my waterbottle (but not so much sippy cups—he thinks he is too old for those and wants to be the same as his siblings) watermelon, playing in the sand, and climbing up on anyone's lap to see what they are up to.

hanging with the darling Addie, babysitter extraordinaire

Luke is a solid, chubby, snuggly, heavy, giggly, happy, blondie beautiful babe. How have 18 months already passed with the delicious boy in our lives?!


2 comments:

Heidi said...

Go Luke still napping twice a day! Let's be honest I could still nap twice a day at age 30 ;-)

Such a funny little guy, crazy how different he and Bentley look!

Bobbi said...

Luke is a darling,big, busy babe! We love him!