Monday, March 18, 2013

March Girl

I am so happy it's March. Yes, it has been for a couple weeks now but this post is a revamp of sorts. I wrote a lovely, pathetic draft of a post a few weeks ago that I simply had to write to get my current, overwhelmed feelings out of my system. February was rather tough for me. But writing about it all helped a ton, and felt like a little purge.

Before I posted it, the next few days seemed to bring to light so much sadness, so much real grief, so much that was way, way bigger and harder happening all around me. Not my trials in any way but those of friends and neighbors and even my young women. Somehow I was lucky enough to not be facing any of those major, trying, life-changing things. I felt like my little world full of so much work in my church calling, sick kids, and overall just way too much going on in our usually manageable lives—all of that suddenly felt like a really huge gift. I would take all of it in a heartbeat rather than any of the heartache occurring right around the corner, and seemingly every corner lately. Death, abuse, divorce, suicide, infertility, serious and scary health issues...I am just feeling very blessed that I am not facing any of those dragons in my life. And because I am not I can more fully pray for those who are and serve them in the simple little ways I know how. I feel so blessed and safe and happy, and remorseful that I thought my life was getting too "overwhelming." Oh, so much that sorts itself out in the light of perspective.

Bring on the crazy, beautiful life of raising my babies, rarely getting enough sleep, working nearly 7 days a week to make the YW program run smoothly, and praying for, worrying about and finding ways to support the 14 beautiful teenagers in my life who need extra love and help so much. Hello amazing March, life is good and I am ready for you.

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

I didn't know you were so burdened, Carrie, and I am glad it has lifted somewhat. I know how those years of child-rearing and being Young Women President are overwhelming, taxing and tiring. And I am sorry so many of your friends and girls are facing major struggles. They are blessed to have you in their lives. And yes, you are blessed and fortunate, that's why you have that calling. I'm glad you got a new perspective on it all, and proud of all your work and love for those around you.

Flori said...

Wow--I hear you loud and clear on this one!! Isn't it amazing how a little perspective can really help you put your own worries aside and realize how blessed you are?! I have had many of these same thoughts lately. Good writing!

Anonymous said...

I know things have been hard with YW and I hope your get the much needed help soon! You are blessed and those girls are blessed to have you as their leader. As for the craziness, it only gets crazier but like you said, perspective helps us see that our challenges are a gift. Love you sis!

Heidi said...

sorry it was a hard month Care! have you gotten the help you need yet in YW? thanks for the reminder that life is such a blessing