Monday, August 9, 2010

Meanwhile

Hubby,
While you were away:

--Cec and I took the kids to BYU to view some art, shop at the bookstore, and eat lunch at Los Hermanos.

--The kids and I slept over at my parents' house on Friday so I could 1) go for a run Friday evening (where I got soaked in a brief rainstorm) and 2) go for a bike ride with my mom on Saturday morning. We ended up over in Sugarhouse and stopped by my old house which now has a purple door. I matched it well. Grandparents make excellent babysitters, no?


--We played at the park and I tried my best to be as fun as you while we were there (I failed at this--you are for sure the most playful parent ever :) Livs was not happy about being there so it was a short-lived adventure.

--We had dinner at Training Table and then shopped for school supplies at Target.

--While the kids slept on Saturday night I disassembled the girls' carseats, washed all the covers, vacuumed and cleaned the interior of my car, washed the floor mats, and windexed the windows.


--I successfully wrangled 3 kids at church all by myself and I may have used candy during sacrament meeting to keep them quiet.

--I researched flights to San Diego for a girls' getaway next month. This helped my single-parenting feel much less stressful.


So very glad to have you back home babe, just in time for your birthday and a crazy little race I'm running (and swimming and biking) this Saturday. Should be a fun week!


All my love,
Your honey


7 comments:

Krista said...

look how productive you were! Wow! I think the the girls trip to san diego is a great idea too.

Heidi said...

What the purple door!

I am feeling asd to miss out on BYU day and thinking of a very similar photo taken last year with Max in it.

girls trip with who? I told you that you are supposed to come to Minnesota, not San Diego!

Joseph said...

Babe, I'm so glad I got to go on a fun trip. Thanks for taking care of our kiddos. And thanks for going to Training Table without me. :)

Bobbi said...

We loved having you come stay overnight, and the bike ride was fun (we are still not very good at hills, Care!). Looking forward to Saturday...sort of. Good job on the car cleaning and the single parenting at church!

Anonymous said...

What is up with that purple door? Hmm. Our house is still cute though.

Lots of stuff accomplished while hubby was away...sounds like a great weekend! Thanks for doing BYU with us!

Stacey said...

Looks like you had fun while Joe was away. Love the purple door lol.

Katherine said...

Wow. Not only a purple door, but purple shutters too? That is such a great house and I have so many great memories there!!
I haven't bought my ticket yet either. It is high on the to do list!!! I am so excited about it!!! :)