Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentimes!

Yes--Valentimes. It has double relevance: a) all the preschoolers in Bentley's little crew said "valentimes" and never "valentines" during our school time together today. It cracked me up because of 2) last year's 30 Rock episode with Rachel Dracht as a bunk, drunk, foreign "lady of the night." To make a long story short--she and Jack (Alec Baldwin) hit it off and she keeps saying "happy valentimes." It's been a silly inside joke for Joseph and me ever since.

So, tonight, said hubby and I had a fun little date to see the movie Definitely, Maybe. And, I loved it. It is exactly my kind of movie. Super sweet, very silly, and full of several love stories--cute. Plus, I heart Ryan Reynolds. I kind of think he is my husband--especially at certain times in that movie. His curly hair, witty remarks, and tall frame remind me so much of Joseph. Anyway, our date tonight was extra special because it was our first in Joseph's new car, the Cadillac CTS (click here to check it out until I post an official picture. Oh, and Joe's is black with the cashmere (fancy word for tan :) leather interior). We're so excited to have it instead of the slowly deteriorating Subaru. Don't get me wrong--I have tons of love for Subey but it will have to be noted in another post at another time.

Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

Bobbi said...

What a sweet ride! How often will the kids get to ride in it?! Can't wait to see it and go for a ride. Happy Valentimes for you guys!

Heidi said...

Ha ha that Subaru definitely (maybe?) needed to be retired. Remember when I crashed it- that was nearly ten years ago! Cool new car Joe. Happy "Valentimes" sis, Love you!

Anonymous said...

Heid, you are so clever with your comment about Subie! Hahaha.

Care, fun that you have a new ride for date night etc. I will miss the Subie (we spent many hours commuting to SLC from Provo and it served me well). When are you going to let take a spin? I am very excited for you guys!

Krista said...

yeah for the new car! You guys were like totally stylin' last night on your date night! I'm glad for the recommendation for the movie too.

Heidi said...

Carrie-Hey, I love your blog. I found it through Heather Hayes' blog. Your family is so cute and I am glad you are doing well. We are doing great in Logan, and we are having our third boy in 8 weeks!! Feel free to check out our blog, but it is pretty shabby, as I don't quite know what I'm doing yet. Heidi M had her baby. It's a another girl-Sophie. Take care! -Heidi BT